Diploma in Banking in the Digital Age
Total Programme Credits:
367 Credits (Minimum 3600 Notional Hours)
Level of the Qualification:
NQF Level 5
Medium of instruction:
This programme, leading to the award of Diploma in Banking in the Digital Age emphasises the psychological and practical aspects of working in the banking sector. It aims to develop the conceptual, research, analytical and social skills needed by the bankers on the programme. It will equip them with professional skills, strategies, tools, attitudes and techniques for solving problems in the financial and banking sectors, especially when these are undergoing change.
Upon successful completion of this level, learners should be able to:
- Define and identify the numerous elements and ever-changing aspect of the banking and financial services sector of the country.
On successful completion of these levels, learners should be able to:
- Interpret and analyse the numerous elements and ever-changing aspect of the banking and financial services sector of the country.
- Understand and apply policies and procedures of the specific institution;
- Understand and ensure compliance with existing regulations;
- Behave and work in ways that will not lead to reputational risk to the institution;
- Achieve competencies to carry out some mandatory computations and calculations in the industry, for example, financial statements and ratio analysis;
- Understand the risks associated with the industry.
- Apply some mandatory computations and calculations in the industry, for example, financial statements and ratio analysis;
- Demonstrate understanding the risks associated with the financial industry.
Pre-service and in-service banking personnel.
Learners have a minimum of five to seven years to complete the programme, allowing time for re-sits and re-submissions. Contact sessions are conducted one day per week, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. over the five years.
Level 1:Exiting after 120.4 credits with a qualification of a Certificate in Banking in the Digital Age
Work Life Balance
Introduction to Information Communication Technology
Legal Foundations in Banking
Introduction to Business Communication
Work Based Experience: Stage 1
Level 2: Exiting after 244 credits with a qualification of an Advanced Certificate in Banking in the Digital Age
Economics for Bankers
Commercial and Banking Laws
Compliance and Risk Management I
e-Commerce and e-Banking
Quantitative Techniques for Bankers I
Analysing Financial Statements
Work Based Experience: Stage 2
Level 3: Diploma in Banking in the Digital Age with 367 credits
Behavioral Science (IN ANY ORDER)
Compliance and Risk Management II
Quantitative Techniques for Bankers II
Seychelles Financial System
Elective Course (Choose any 1 course)
Communications & Customer Relations
Marketing of Banking Products and Services
Financial Technology (FinTech)
Work Based Experience: Stage 3